06-06-2012, 03:17 PM
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2013, 03:30 PM by o0DemonBoy0o.)
In this tutorial, I will explain how I rip PS2 models.
What you will need:
PCSX2 0.9.8
Texmod
3D editor of your choice.
(I will be using 3dsMax 2010. You can get the student version for free at the Autodesk website)
A PS2 game you wish to rip from. (I will be using Dark Cloud)
(Note that not all ps2 games render in the same way.
This will be covered at a later time.)
Before starting, make sure that you have PCSX2 running fine on your computer.
All the default settings are what I use. I can't grantee it will work if you change anything.
here are the plugins I have set just encase
[spoiler]
![[Image: picsettings_zps96ecfa97.jpg]](http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt157/cottenballs/picsettings_zps96ecfa97.jpg)
[/spoiler]
Next you want to make sure that you have Texmod extract to a folder somewhere on your computer and that your antivirus is not blocking you from using it.
Once that is sorted out lets get to ripping your model.
Once you open up Texmod you should be greeted with this
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Just click on the folder and locate your pcsx2-r4600.exe
After that click on the "Logging Mode" tab and you should have this
[spoiler]
![[Image: pic2_zpscf4000ee.jpg]](http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt157/cottenballs/pic2_zpscf4000ee.jpg)
[/spoiler]
You can change what button captures the texture, what format it saves as, and where it saves to.
Once you have everything set to how you want it click on run and PCSX2 should start up.
What I like to do first is rip the textures then the model, though it really does not matter what you decide to do first.
For ripping the textures, click on "Config" on PCSX2, scroll down to "Video (GS)" and select "Plugin Settings..."
Make sure that you have these settings
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Now just start your game and get to where the model you want to rip is.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Now press * (This will allow you to only cycle through the textures currently on screen. very useful if there is a large amount of textures loaded.)
and press + or - to cycle through the textures until you find the ones your model is using.
What you will need:
PCSX2 0.9.8
Texmod
3D editor of your choice.
(I will be using 3dsMax 2010. You can get the student version for free at the Autodesk website)
A PS2 game you wish to rip from. (I will be using Dark Cloud)
(Note that not all ps2 games render in the same way.
This will be covered at a later time.)
Before starting, make sure that you have PCSX2 running fine on your computer.
All the default settings are what I use. I can't grantee it will work if you change anything.
here are the plugins I have set just encase
[spoiler]
![[Image: picsettings_zps96ecfa97.jpg]](http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt157/cottenballs/picsettings_zps96ecfa97.jpg)
[/spoiler]
Next you want to make sure that you have Texmod extract to a folder somewhere on your computer and that your antivirus is not blocking you from using it.
Once that is sorted out lets get to ripping your model.
Once you open up Texmod you should be greeted with this
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]Just click on the folder and locate your pcsx2-r4600.exe
After that click on the "Logging Mode" tab and you should have this
[spoiler]
![[Image: pic2_zpscf4000ee.jpg]](http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt157/cottenballs/pic2_zpscf4000ee.jpg)
[/spoiler]
You can change what button captures the texture, what format it saves as, and where it saves to.
Once you have everything set to how you want it click on run and PCSX2 should start up.
What I like to do first is rip the textures then the model, though it really does not matter what you decide to do first.
For ripping the textures, click on "Config" on PCSX2, scroll down to "Video (GS)" and select "Plugin Settings..."
Make sure that you have these settings
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]Now just start your game and get to where the model you want to rip is.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]Now press * (This will allow you to only cycle through the textures currently on screen. very useful if there is a large amount of textures loaded.)
and press + or - to cycle through the textures until you find the ones your model is using.

