(02-16-2018, 03:45 AM)meepls Wrote: I'm very new to ripping just keep in mind but anyways,
I've extracted the game Collar x Malice (playstation vita game) and i'm left with TID files, it looks like the majority are TID files. Do anyone know how to convert them or know a program to open the TID files. I want to try 'scarlet' from github but sadly I have no knowledge of github and how to use it. Is there another way?
I'm also someone new to ripping, but I was also trying to get to Collar x Malice's files and the "Scarlet" you mentioned helped me. In order to use it, you'll have to download the ScarletConvert-v123.rar file from here. Simply clicking on the .rar file will download it. Afterwards, unzip the .rar file. The program works by converting TID files into PNGs, and you can optionally choose a new folder to keep the PNGs, so that your original TID files aren't lost. However this may be wrong, as I've only used the "put PNG files into new folder" option and haven't actually tried the other one.
In order to convert, you'll need to use the command prompt. After opening it, you'll see that the command prompt is currently in your home directory (Something like C:\Users\Username) To use the executable file, you'll need to get to the folder it is located. the cd command can be used to change the directory the command prompt is in. so you'll have to type something like
Code:
cd C:\Users\Username\Downloads\ScarletConvert-v123.rarNext step is to, well, actually convert. As I have said, I am also a beginner in these things so I'll only explain the command I used successfully. I created a new folder where I want the new files to go in, and typed
Code:
ScarletTestApp.exe "C:\Users\Username\Downloads\gamecpk" --output "C:\Users\Username\Downloads\go_here"into the command prompt. The first instance is the executable file we want to execute, the second is the filepath where TID files are located, third is a secondary command, and the fourth is the filepath where the converted PNGs will end up. You can copy paste your filepath from the file explorer, but don't forget the quotation marks. Note that the application will go through all of the folders and convert all of the TID files into PNG, which I find very useful.
By doing this, I was able to find the menu images, backgrounds and event illustrations even though I didn't go through the entire after seeing big spoilers (Should've foreseen that, well...) I even found Ichika's phone! However, I wasn't able to find the character sprites and the speaking textboxes which I was also looking for. I haven't gone through all of the game's files, though. This was fun and I've learnd a few things from it, however I still have many unidentified filetypes to work with. Wishing you good luck in game ripping!

