Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Rejected Submissions
#15
(12-19-2024, 05:43 PM)Izzi Wrote: [Image: e3581b23fcf6221b6f98aef9a6842f18.png]

I've got a few suggestions on this guy. I did a redo to help illustrate some of my points.
  • You need to keep the outline's contrast consistent with each other. Blue has a dark outline, Orange has a middle ground, and white has no contrast between the colors chosen. 
  • The eyes are cute, but they don't reflect the character (I THINK, this is the penguin from Donkey Kong right?)
  • Flipping the foot like that works in some 8bit abstraction, but I think changing the perspective of the foot will give more depth to the piece.
  • Lastly, pic a light source direction and stick with it. Some of your sprite looks shading from top-right and other parts it feels more directly above.

I don't know how to make sprites like you and Tom do. Unsure I make sprites in pieces. You and Ton exceeded my expectations. Surprise You can create the selection of Tucks, Fluffs, Waldoughs, Hootzes and Lemmington. Even Lord Fredrik.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Rejected Submissions - by christopherparaujo89 - 12-06-2024, 04:12 PM
RE: Rejected Submissions - by Ton - 12-07-2024, 10:59 AM
RE: Rejected Submissions - by Ton - 12-09-2024, 08:50 AM
RE: Rejected Submissions - by Ton - 12-10-2024, 03:00 PM
RE: Rejected Submissions - by Ton - 12-18-2024, 12:17 PM
RE: Rejected Submissions - by Ton - 12-18-2024, 02:33 PM
RE: Rejected Submissions - by Izzi - 12-19-2024, 05:43 PM
RE: Rejected Submissions - by christopherparaujo89 - 12-20-2024, 10:44 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)