Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Submit models with animations
#1
Hello people,
I'm working on some models to submit to the site, but i'm having a couple doubts, and I'd like your opinion.
So, I'm extracting the models from "Alice Madness Returns" using Umodel in .gltf format, which contains some animations. I think it'd be nice to include said animations in the submissions, but I'm not really sure under which format, and how, I should export those models so that they both contain animations and are suitable for submission? I'm working with blender, and I must say that I only have very limited knowledge of animations in general and when it's related to various file formats in particular. So, I tried to export in .fbx and .dae but I only managed to include one single animation in the models (and even then, in dae the models sometimes end up incredibly distorted for reasons i cannot comprehend). So, to summarize, is there a smart way to include the animation in the submitted models?
Second, I have some models which are included under two forms in the game files : A complete form of the model, on one side, and in separate pieces, on the other side (like, a teapot, complete in one file and various files that only contain the spout, lid, handle etc). Should I include both in my submission for exhaustivity reasons, or should i just stick with the complete form (or a single model assembling all separate pieces so that people interested could just keep the one they are interested in)?
Thanks in advance for your advice!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Submit models with animations - by Kino-san - 02-18-2023, 05:51 PM
RE: Submit models with animations - by Kino-san - 02-20-2023, 05:32 PM
RE: Submit models with animations - by scurest - 02-21-2023, 02:08 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)