Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

How do I rip models from Sonic and the Secret Rings
#6
(03-10-2020, 03:06 PM)josh98 Wrote: The party mode characters are in some funky file I don't remember the name of. I don't know of any way to decompile that file but Random Talking Bush helped out with that a while back (five years ago, wow) so here's what was contained in that (the .pvr files are textures, those are easy enough to convert):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/v3q312e94...yChars.zip

The .GNO files have every bone for every character contained in them so you'll have to go through and find which bones are actually assigned to the model it is you're trying to pose.  Some characters, such as Tails as Ali Baba, don't have an in game model. Knuckles's character Sinbad does, but it's just an object in the level it appears in and isn't rigged, just a pre-posed model. You can find more here: https://www.models-resource.com/wii/soni...cretrings/

I hope all of that helped!
I know you've mentioned GNO file importing but do you have any solution for something like GNA, GNM or GNV files in the same directory? I assume they are animation files and I've been trying for So Long to figure out an extraction method of some kind for these to Blender or something
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I rip models from Sonic and the Secret Rings - by LostWoods - 12-17-2020, 07:14 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)