Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Any .xi tracker instruments for use?
#3
I can't imagine the .xi file format being terribly complex so you might actually have more luck programming/commissioning a converter that takes an existing soundfont as input and spits out a .xi, loop points and all.

You didn't explicitly mention any SNES games, but if you're into that, check out spc2it. It takes a SNES SPC music file as input and makes a very convincing .it file out of it. Instruments, loops, envelope, echo, volume and all.

All things considered, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar existed for GBA music too. Also, I don't know much about PSX but I am certain not all games use sequenced music, so getting a soundfont out of them is impossible in the first place.

Lastly, I'm not 100% sure but I think there's a small community somewhere (Reddit?) based around anything Siivagunner. Those folks if anyone know the ins and outs of soundfont and sequence conversion better than many of us.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Any .xi tracker instruments for use? - by Raccoon Sam - 06-27-2018, 04:46 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)