Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Help me with character shading
#3
Don't forget the importance of color contrasts when shading pixel art. This tutorial assumes you already understand color theory and such, but it's a decent crash course in pixel art basics https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?th...ing.18031/

The other way I'm learning is by paying close attention to 2D games that I play. Analyze the sprites, animations and differences between style in different games. Figure out what style appeals to you, personally I started with sprite edits to learn constrictions of different games/systems for practice and started making more original work. I'm still not really confident in my work yet but hopefully that helps.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Help me with character shading - by jjgms - 03-19-2018, 06:38 AM
RE: Help me with character shading - by DioShiba - 03-24-2018, 11:40 AM
RE: Help me with character shading - by Nocturnesthesia - 03-27-2018, 02:17 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)