Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Switch BNTX research
#16
(08-05-2017, 01:48 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Found another unknown format in Splatoon 2, 0x3106, which seems to be ASTC-based. I sent it to you to check out at your own leisure.

It's ASTC 6x6 with SRGB color space. (ASTC 6x6 SRGB for short)

(07-23-2017, 11:57 PM)gdkchan Wrote: Thanks for the files. I managed to fix some stuff and discover what some of the unknowns means with them. Extraction of non power of 2 textures is still hit or miss unfortunately, I still didn't totally figured out how the swizzle works, but its better at least. Tomorrow I plan to work to fix the remaining swizzling issues.

About the unknown formats you sent me, I took a look on the last one, and it's using ASTC compression. Heres one of them decoded (tc_MiiSuit_39^w):
[Image: WL38pDz.png]

This compressed format is still not supported on my tool (and i'm not on the mood to write a ASTC decompressor :I but I will end up doing it sooner or later anyway).

It's always flipped for me:
[Image: qNvebxm.png]

Lastly, I want to report that your swizzle algorithm works with XTX files, the Switch's equivalent of the Wii U's GTX, as well! Good job!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Switch BNTX research - by gdkchan - 07-21-2017, 09:59 PM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by Random Talking Bush - 07-22-2017, 09:41 AM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by gdkchan - 07-22-2017, 08:28 PM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by Random Talking Bush - 07-23-2017, 09:06 AM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by gdkchan - 07-23-2017, 11:57 PM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by aboood40091 - 08-18-2017, 12:23 PM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by gdkchan - 08-19-2017, 02:09 PM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by aboood40091 - 09-21-2017, 09:03 PM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by gdkchan - 07-24-2017, 10:22 PM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by KillzXGaming - 07-26-2017, 11:15 AM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by Random Talking Bush - 07-26-2017, 11:39 AM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by KillzXGaming - 07-26-2017, 12:15 PM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by gdkchan - 07-26-2017, 01:10 PM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by gdkchan - 07-27-2017, 10:50 AM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by aboood40091 - 07-26-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by gdkchan - 07-26-2017, 10:37 PM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by Random Talking Bush - 08-05-2017, 01:48 AM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by gdkchan - 08-05-2017, 08:20 AM
RE: Switch BNTX research - by Rich - 09-19-2017, 09:33 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)