Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Amiga Ripping Methods?
#7
(12-12-2016, 07:33 PM)Dolphman Wrote: Yeah, it's frustrating as hell. I tried ripping Trolls, a licensed game based on the Troll Dolls, but forgot to continue.

If you need the Kickstart ROMs, you can find them easily with Google. That's how I managed to get all of them all in a zip archive.
You also need to make a folder named "Kickstart" in the "Amiga Files" folder, which is located in Documents, and put them there.
ROMS just go in the "Amiga Files" folder as well. Hope that helps.

Thanks. Big Grin I got that sorted out...

...But now I've run into a new problem: when I try to boot The First Samurai up in WinUAE, I immediately get taken to a crack screen (Which was quite common on the Amiga back in the day, according to TCCF.net) and the game doesn't play. I would post a screenshot of this crack screen, but since I can't figure out how to upload images on this site without them appearing as broken I'll just type out what the screen says in a spoiler. Wink
[spoiler]First Samurai
-----------
Another fine CRYSTAL crack!
Write us at:
P.O. Box 2-8330 Beder-Denmark
Via De Mio 2-83100 Avellino-Italy
Accept no imitations..
We are the world's no.1![/spoiler]

And since I need to have a savestate of the game in order to rip sprites with Maptapper...well, I guess I won't be ripping sprites from this game after all.  Cry Although, it does make you wonder how the professional sprite rippers worked around these crack screens.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Neon Streak - 12-03-2016, 10:37 PM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by shadowman44 - 12-04-2016, 05:14 AM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Magma MK-II - 12-04-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Neon Streak - 12-09-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Neon Streak - 12-12-2016, 01:48 PM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Dolphman - 12-12-2016, 07:33 PM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Neon Streak - 12-13-2016, 12:13 AM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Magma MK-II - 12-13-2016, 08:49 AM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Neon Streak - 12-13-2016, 01:47 PM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Magma MK-II - 12-14-2016, 07:46 AM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Neon Streak - 12-14-2016, 11:22 AM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Magma MK-II - 12-14-2016, 12:47 PM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Magma MK-II - 12-16-2016, 12:09 PM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Neon Streak - 12-16-2016, 01:17 PM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Magma MK-II - 12-16-2016, 01:29 PM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Neon Streak - 12-16-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Magma MK-II - 12-16-2016, 05:16 PM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Neon Streak - 12-16-2016, 06:23 PM
RE: Amiga Ripping Methods? - by Magma MK-II - 12-18-2016, 10:15 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)