Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

In sp(r)ite of the art... [community event]
#1
You all know that some games had limitations, especially the 16 and 8-bit console games. This caused character graphics to vary wildly from the sprites to official art, and all that shit.

For example, the NES Valkyrie, who looks like this in the official art...

[Image: 40675_front.jpg]

But like this in-game.

[Image: Valkyrie%20no%20Bouken%20-%20Toki%20no%2...%20(J).png]

So I raise you the question... If the gamedevs used the sprite appearance of the character as a base for the official art, how would the characters look like?

I posted this in the doodles thread but I'll put it here, too.

[Image: 18d0f35f0fdc336b3a1ebfde5f84498e.png]

I want to see your take on sprite-based character design!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
In sp(r)ite of the art... [community event] - by Gors - 07-05-2016, 11:27 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)