Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Xenoblade X unknown model format (example files inside)
#18
(05-11-2016, 02:54 PM)Knoskoloz Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 11:35 AM)Jinzo-Advance Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 04:00 AM)Knoskoloz Wrote: Thanks Big Grin
Do you have an idea about the texture format and/or uvmapping? Retexturing the weapon with screenshots worked suprisingly well. Still getting the original textures would be kinda nice for future projects. So far I couldn't make sense of the mtx textures.

Off the bat, no. But I did noticed something about the UV maps in Wii game when I was ripping the Monados. If you haven't gotten them, I posted a collection of them at the bottom of the page in 3 sets.
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-29107.html
Basically, the UV maps and textures didn't line up originally. I pretty much made the texture a bit more symmetrical to fix that. By the way, what other models do you plan from Xenoblade X?
Oh worked with the Xenoblade 1 stuff as well some models used some kind of uv map mirroring so the textures looked quite odd if exported. A bit annoying but doable.
It's possible to get xbx textures with cemus texture dump. Since that emulator is early beta you can't really get far but it's already quite usefull.

I mirrored the textures in Gimp. Assign hotkeys for pasting as a new layer, and flipping an image vertically and horizontally is a useful feature. Anyway, I'm guessing the parts that can be used to make a character that looks something like this Disney villian are out of the question because the Wrothian parts aren't available until later in the game:
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Mirage_(Aladdin)
It also requires the golden swim wear arm parts. Superior swim bands, I think they were called. One key difference between them and the other swim bands is that they have the parts up higher as well.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Xenoblade X unknown model format (example files inside) - by Jinzo-Advance - 05-11-2016, 08:20 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)