Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Verifiaman's fangame mockups.
#6
(03-30-2016, 12:16 AM)verifiaman Wrote:
(03-29-2016, 11:28 PM)Hiynastrike Wrote: slow down partner, while i'm not against your enthusiasm to make your very own Megaman game, the problem is nothing in it other than level design is original, now if you want to try your hand at making your own tiles and characters which would improve the game's position as an original game from just another Megaman clone, then we here will be happy to critique your sprites and generally improve you as a sprite/pixel artist
This is something that, while I like to do, don't have the patience for. My computer can't even run something like Doom Builder 2(drivers are from 2002 and I don't have the money to update them), so it chugs when I use the program for the level maker. And in addtion to getting the resources (my computer plays DS games super slow) In addition to that I'm not even that good at recoloring anything. I didn't get that Zero sprite from anywhere, I had to play Zero 2 hard mode because I couldn't tell which color to start with to recolor Zero into his hard mode sprite.

Edit: I should clarify: I know how to recolor: replace lightest colors an go down to the darkest colors and vice versa. even when I have just two sprites in an image program for me to try to color swap I have problems with it.

Last edit: I can't design characters for the life of me. At all.

If it's an issue in having the right program then I can say that any sprite can be made in MS Paint which comes with most if not all Windows OSes, some versions handle it better but mostly it's the hammer and forge in the smithy that is spriting/pixel art

Also, do you think anyone here in the VGR was born with a paintbrush in hand? We study what has worked in the past and how it improves us as artists, you might want to look at this

http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-25474-...#pid559214


Once you made some sprites, just post them to the thread and the people of VGR will give you critique to help you get going and generally improve as a sprite artist
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Verifiaman's fangame mockups. - by verifiaman - 02-13-2016, 08:22 PM
RE: Verifiaman's fangame mockups. - by verifiaman - 02-18-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: Verifiaman's fangame mockups. - by verifiaman - 03-29-2016, 10:37 PM
RE: Verifiaman's fangame mockups. - by verifiaman - 03-30-2016, 12:16 AM
RE: Verifiaman's fangame mockups. - by Hiynastrike - 03-30-2016, 01:25 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)