Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Demakes (What game would you wanna send back in time?)
#6
(02-18-2016, 07:00 PM)Gors Wrote: The GBC could probably handle a Sunshine demake well - but NES has the advantage of having bigger res (which is perfect for Mario's athletic skills).

Though I wonder how the fludd would be implemented with just two face buttons in a seamless manner

True, the NES and SNEs were both 256x224, but I don't think the GBC 160x144 res is all that bad if everything is scaled to accommodate.  It's really only a problem when you have huge ass sprites, that take up like 1/3 of the screensize where it becomes an issue.

If we take a look at say... Donkey Kong '94 on GB, where we have acrobatic Mario, I think a title using that engine would work well.  Sunshine demake probably being a branch off of it.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Demakes (What game would you wanna send back in time?) - by Koh - 02-18-2016, 07:34 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)