02-04-2016, 08:12 AM
My entry into the Goemon series was the N64 game. While objectively not the best game in the world, I had a lot of fun with it, the Japanese folklore and motif was cool and the zaniness was hilarious.
[spoiler=Ending spoiler if you just don't care]
The main characters save the world from some sort of space-empire obsessed with turning the earth into their new performing stage, but after you defeat them all the women in town furiously chase Goemon and Ebisumaru because they liked the handsome alien leader so much.
[/spoiler]
While not necessarily a forgotten franchise, I am waiting for another Castlevania game made in the vein of Symphony of the Night. Thank god Bloodstained is happening, that will tide me over. Although I could just go back and beat Order of Ecclesia again, I love that game.
[spoiler=Ending spoiler if you just don't care]
The main characters save the world from some sort of space-empire obsessed with turning the earth into their new performing stage, but after you defeat them all the women in town furiously chase Goemon and Ebisumaru because they liked the handsome alien leader so much.
[/spoiler]
While not necessarily a forgotten franchise, I am waiting for another Castlevania game made in the vein of Symphony of the Night. Thank god Bloodstained is happening, that will tide me over. Although I could just go back and beat Order of Ecclesia again, I love that game.
