Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
I thought for sure I posted about this somewhere but I finally got to start playing Undertale.

As some of you may be aware, I'm fuggin' captivated by it. It's my new obsession (alongside SU ofc).

So far I've gone the Neutral route, True Pacifist route and am working on finishing Genocide (and as a "first time" route at that since true pacifist makes you reset absolutely everything).

[spoiler=At the time of writing, I'm having a great deal of trouble with...]
Who else than the great Sans? Holy God the farthest I've gotten up to is the circular barrage of lasers which I fail to pass before he reveals his special attack, and that's with more than half health. I totally suck balls at bullet hell type things, so I often get hit by some of the simplest attacks early on which just makes me want to forfeit and start the fight over.

Those bones on the menu buttons are a load of shit too. While Undyne was pure bullshit all around, I've honestly had no real issue with Sans since he is almost entirely skill-based. But the menu bones are just unfair; needless depletion of health that you so desperately need, and it almost renders healing obsolete on top of the fact it pressures you to make your choice quickly or else you'll waste all your health.

On top of that, when he gets exhausted and starts throwing you through rapid series of random attacks, you often find yourself moving a bit after the previous one and it throws you off. It's really hard for me to process what's going on as it happens and because of the strenuous nature of them, I often find myself getting screwed over most by them, in perfect preparation for all the pre-special attack shenanigans.
[/spoiler]


Despite that, I haven't been so moved by a game's story before. Thing is, you kinda have to experience or see the story of all three paths (neutral has many smaller branches, but usually playing it once is sufficient in preparing you for the other two major routes). If you make morally wrong decisions (like the entirety of the Genocide path, for example), the game actually legitimately makes you feel bad about them. You also end up having a bad time (wink wink) as a result. But it's still up to you what you do. I was gonna go double-Genocide to get it over with, but after having so much trouble with these two bosses, I'm not sure anymore...
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? Summer drought edition - by Garamonde - 11-02-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)