(10-16-2015, 08:03 PM)11th Wrote:(10-16-2015, 06:32 PM)nobody231 Wrote:(10-15-2015, 01:12 AM)11th Wrote: I kinda' do. I don't have Palutena or Z-Suit's models, but I assume they're set up similar to most other characters. Just as forewarning, I'm still using Blender 2.63, so I'm not sure if anything has changed. Here's how I have them for Peach:
[spoiler]
1. Eye Base -> "Influence > Diffuse > Color" checked only.
2. Pupil -> "Image Sampling > Alpha > Use" and "Influence > Diffuse > Color" checked. "Image Mapping > Extension" set to Clip. Size and position can be changed under "Mapping > Offset/Size"
3. Eyelid -> "Image Sampling > Alpha > Use" and "Influence > Diffuse > Color" checked.
4. Specular Map -> "Influence > Diffuse > Color" and "Influence > Blend > Soft Light checked. If you use other settings for the spec maps, use yours instead for consistency.
5. Normal Map -> "Image Sampling > Normal Map" and "Influence > Geometry > Normal" checked. If you use other settings for the normal maps, use yours instead for consistency.
[/spoiler]
You can see the render in the spoiler below for the result.
Speaking of Peach, is there a way to fix the problems with her normals in Blender render? I've seen other models with similar issues, but I still haven't been able to figure it out. :/
[spoiler=Render]
Don't mind the many other problems. Haven't fixed most of her other textures. I'm only concerned with the checkerboard noise on her dress.
[/spoiler]
Thanks a ton!
As for the bottom problem, select each of the pieces, and then use the Remove Doubles feature. Some meshes, such as anything with alpha transparency or multiply layers, will be destroyed by that. Only use it on whatever meshes are showing that problem. This problem won't apply to any other programs, due to the way they work.
I always try that first, as well as flipping/recalculating the normals. It doesn't work on models like this for me.
[spoiler=Result][/spoiler]
Cycles doesn't have this problem, but my computer is pretty basic and it doesn't handle it very well.
That's... odd. Why don't you send the model and textures over to me, so I can try to see if I can do anything about it? Not much major has changed between 2.63 and 2.75 that would make the file incompatible with you, so that's good.
(10-16-2015, 08:03 PM)11th Wrote:(10-16-2015, 06:32 PM)nobody231 Wrote:(10-15-2015, 01:12 AM)11th Wrote: I kinda' do. I don't have Palutena or Z-Suit's models, but I assume they're set up similar to most other characters. Just as forewarning, I'm still using Blender 2.63, so I'm not sure if anything has changed. Here's how I have them for Peach:
[spoiler]
1. Eye Base -> "Influence > Diffuse > Color" checked only.
2. Pupil -> "Image Sampling > Alpha > Use" and "Influence > Diffuse > Color" checked. "Image Mapping > Extension" set to Clip. Size and position can be changed under "Mapping > Offset/Size"
3. Eyelid -> "Image Sampling > Alpha > Use" and "Influence > Diffuse > Color" checked.
4. Specular Map -> "Influence > Diffuse > Color" and "Influence > Blend > Soft Light checked. If you use other settings for the spec maps, use yours instead for consistency.
5. Normal Map -> "Image Sampling > Normal Map" and "Influence > Geometry > Normal" checked. If you use other settings for the normal maps, use yours instead for consistency.
[/spoiler]
You can see the render in the spoiler below for the result.
Speaking of Peach, is there a way to fix the problems with her normals in Blender render? I've seen other models with similar issues, but I still haven't been able to figure it out. :/
[spoiler=Render]
Don't mind the many other problems. Haven't fixed most of her other textures. I'm only concerned with the checkerboard noise on her dress.
[/spoiler]
Thanks a ton!
As for the bottom problem, select each of the pieces, and then use the Remove Doubles feature. Some meshes, such as anything with alpha transparency or multiply layers, will be destroyed by that. Only use it on whatever meshes are showing that problem. This problem won't apply to any other programs, due to the way they work.
I always try that first, as well as flipping/recalculating the normals. It doesn't work on models like this for me.
[spoiler=Result][/spoiler]
Cycles doesn't have this problem, but my computer is pretty basic and it doesn't handle it very well.
That's... odd. Why don't you send the model and textures over to me, so I can try to see if I can do anything about it?


![[Image: KcBdOkT.png]](http://i.imgur.com/KcBdOkT.png)
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]