Might be a bit early to show, but gotta get started somewhere. As the title implies, this is for a Smash ripoff styled engine I started working on using the assets from tFR. I don't believe it's a rule that is has to be in traditional fighter format, so I thought "why not?"
Currently planned are 4 characters.
(Gilbert, Neko, Chris2Balls, Bombergirl)
They will be implemented in that order. Gilbert will take the most time as I get the engine together.
And that's it. No stages nothing. I want to get 4 working fighters and go from there.
![[Image: RXOMUg4.png]](http://i.imgur.com/RXOMUg4.png)
I want to include most of smash's mechanics.
To get an idea here is my current to-do list. In order of priority, probably.
[spoiler=Progress]
Implemented:-------------------------------------------------------------------
Jumping / Double Jumping
Short hopping
Fast falling
walking/dashing
Crouching
Regular Attacks
Hitboxes (spheres?)-
Hit Stun
Hit Lag
Base Knockback
Knockback growth
Knockback Angle
Landing Lag on air attacks
Dead Pose
Getup
Getup Attack
Shielding
Rolling
Teching
Air Dodging (Brawl/Smash4 version)
Ledge Grab
Get up from ledge
Jump from Ledge
Drop from Ledge
Grabbing
To be Implemented:-------------------------------------------------------------------
Auto cancel window on Air Attacks
Directional Influence
Ledge Attack
Pummel
Up throw
Down throw
Forward Throw
Back Throw
Taunts / Appeals
[/spoiler]
So why the topic now?
I wanted input on characters and their design and properties.
For example, here is what I currently have planned for Gilbert.
[spoiler=Gilbert]
![[Image: zEPktyo.png]](http://i.imgur.com/zEPktyo.png)
Current plans:
Jab:
Gilbert has a kinda bad jab. It's slow, but has okay range and a bit of start up.
Nair:
It's hitbox lingers out for a short time. It's Gilbert's best approach tool.
Bair:
Wasn't planned this way, but in game it feels like Jigglypuff's. I don't think giving a tanky character like Gilbert a wall-o-pain is a good idea :p
It is fast and pretty powerful, but has a kinda small hitbox.
Fair:
A really quick attack that when sweet spotted has a small semi-spike. Nair is more useful is most situations.
Up air:
One of Gilbert's best aerials. It has a decent sized hitbox above him and is quick.
Base knockback and knockback growth are low, so it's best for building up damage.
F-tilt:
Kinda slow, but has great base knockback. Better for getting some distance than anything else.
F-Smash:
A very powerful smash. Not the fastest, but not unusable slow. Leaves you open for a short bit.
Up-Tilt:
Really fast but abysmal range. I "get out of me face" attack.
Up-Smash:
It's okay. Nothing special though...
Not a lot or horizontal range.
D-Tilt:
Not very good.
D-Smash & D-Air: No animation yet currently.
No idea for his specials yet.
Side special will probably be the bullet head.
[/spoiler]
This post will be updated and organized as stuff is added and fixed.Currently planned are 4 characters.
(Gilbert, Neko, Chris2Balls, Bombergirl)
They will be implemented in that order. Gilbert will take the most time as I get the engine together.
And that's it. No stages nothing. I want to get 4 working fighters and go from there.
![[Image: RXOMUg4.png]](http://i.imgur.com/RXOMUg4.png)
I want to include most of smash's mechanics.
To get an idea here is my current to-do list. In order of priority, probably.
[spoiler=Progress]
Implemented:-------------------------------------------------------------------
Jumping / Double Jumping
Short hopping
Fast falling
walking/dashing
Crouching
Regular Attacks
Hitboxes (spheres?)-
Hit Stun
Hit Lag
Base Knockback
Knockback growth
Knockback Angle
Landing Lag on air attacks
Dead Pose
Getup
Getup Attack
Shielding
Rolling
Teching
Air Dodging (Brawl/Smash4 version)
Ledge Grab
Get up from ledge
Jump from Ledge
Drop from Ledge
Grabbing
To be Implemented:-------------------------------------------------------------------
Auto cancel window on Air Attacks
Directional Influence
Ledge Attack
Pummel
Up throw
Down throw
Forward Throw
Back Throw
Taunts / Appeals
[/spoiler]
So why the topic now?
I wanted input on characters and their design and properties.
For example, here is what I currently have planned for Gilbert.
[spoiler=Gilbert]
![[Image: zEPktyo.png]](http://i.imgur.com/zEPktyo.png)
Current plans:
Jab:
Gilbert has a kinda bad jab. It's slow, but has okay range and a bit of start up.
Nair:
It's hitbox lingers out for a short time. It's Gilbert's best approach tool.
Bair:
Wasn't planned this way, but in game it feels like Jigglypuff's. I don't think giving a tanky character like Gilbert a wall-o-pain is a good idea :p
It is fast and pretty powerful, but has a kinda small hitbox.
Fair:
A really quick attack that when sweet spotted has a small semi-spike. Nair is more useful is most situations.
Up air:
One of Gilbert's best aerials. It has a decent sized hitbox above him and is quick.
Base knockback and knockback growth are low, so it's best for building up damage.
F-tilt:
Kinda slow, but has great base knockback. Better for getting some distance than anything else.
F-Smash:
A very powerful smash. Not the fastest, but not unusable slow. Leaves you open for a short bit.
Up-Tilt:
Really fast but abysmal range. I "get out of me face" attack.
Up-Smash:
It's okay. Nothing special though...
Not a lot or horizontal range.
D-Tilt:
Not very good.
D-Smash & D-Air: No animation yet currently.
No idea for his specials yet.
Side special will probably be the bullet head.
[/spoiler]
And that's all for now, Thank you.

