03-26-2015, 08:52 PM
I've been working on a picture I want to give to my niece as a (briefly belated) birthday present.
[spoiler=Six of these are WIP stages]
Sketch in pencil
![[Image: BARuQX9.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/BARuQX9.jpg)
Starting with pen
![[Image: hsItPxz.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/hsItPxz.jpg)
My cat was not a reference material. He was an interrupter!
![[Image: ZLekQHR.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/ZLekQHR.jpg)
Pretty much as far as I got with the pen
![[Image: dnKe7AI.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/dnKe7AI.jpg)
Started to color, which terrifies me
![[Image: 8o0IvZg.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/8o0IvZg.jpg)
Main coloring done. Now to butcher the background
![[Image: 9KIkGDI.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/9KIkGDI.jpg)
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=And the final, as of now]
![[Image: QtbFr3k.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/QtbFr3k.jpg)
[/spoiler]
I rarely work with color in ink drawings, so I was nervous every session I painted in (which was admittedly only about two). I am pretty much ready to throw in the towel here, but I'm open to any suggestions. I can take another day or two if I decide to. However, I'm also very scared of ruining what little I have already..
Anyway, I've got other stuff to draw soon, so I'll probably post that as I do it.
[spoiler=Six of these are WIP stages]
Sketch in pencil
![[Image: BARuQX9.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/BARuQX9.jpg)
Starting with pen
![[Image: hsItPxz.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/hsItPxz.jpg)
My cat was not a reference material. He was an interrupter!
![[Image: ZLekQHR.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/ZLekQHR.jpg)
Pretty much as far as I got with the pen
![[Image: dnKe7AI.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/dnKe7AI.jpg)
Started to color, which terrifies me
![[Image: 8o0IvZg.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/8o0IvZg.jpg)
Main coloring done. Now to butcher the background
![[Image: 9KIkGDI.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/9KIkGDI.jpg)
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=And the final, as of now]
![[Image: QtbFr3k.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/QtbFr3k.jpg)
[/spoiler]
I rarely work with color in ink drawings, so I was nervous every session I painted in (which was admittedly only about two). I am pretty much ready to throw in the towel here, but I'm open to any suggestions. I can take another day or two if I decide to. However, I'm also very scared of ruining what little I have already..
Anyway, I've got other stuff to draw soon, so I'll probably post that as I do it.
