Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa
#26
Koh Wrote:If Dragon Quest can capture Akira Toryiama's art style, why can't Kingdom Hearts capture the art style of whoever the concept artist is?

actually, since starting KH1 I've wondered why Kingdom Hearts' FF/original character models didn't capture the Disney art style. Don't get me wrong - Disney has a pretty unmistakable art style. Like, I feel like the game would have an altogether better vibe if they used Atlantis or Treasure Planet as as an art-yardstick for the Square Enix characters, instead of the same anime as heck look we've seen a million times. the excuse isn't "oh well they need to appeal to a Japanese audience" - no, the Japanese would have been like "Oh look at this fresh new take on Square characters looking like a Disney, I like it"
instead we have the Pirates of the Caribbean world which is just a clusterfuck of character styles

I don't know, I feel like it's like the anime is invading Disneys and weebing it up every time I play it.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa - by Kosheh - 01-02-2015, 09:18 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)