12-01-2014, 08:50 PM
I've been playing OR for a couple of hours a day since it came out. And on the transparent red 2DS, which I think is a neat little handheld. I have to say the L/R buttons are awkward to press especially if you're using the d-pad instead of the circle but since I'm only using the 2DS for OR the shoulder buttons aren't a bother, since they're never needed.
The game is lots of fun. The nostalgia power level is pretty high up there, perhaps greater than the feel I felt playing SoulSilver and so far I've seen enough new content or minor new features to be satisfied. The gameworld remains very similar to the original layout of course but feels larger at the same time, and most of everything looks gorgeous. The in-battle backgrounds are even better than what X/Y had and do a lot to enhance the atmosphere- I particularly like the gym battle backgrounds. Mt. Chimney looked great during the evening also.
And then
[spoiler]After you use surf to cross over to east Hoenn you are given, during a short event, one of the jetplane dragons depending on your version, complete with that one's mega-evolution stone. It's like pre-elite four Rayquaza all over again. Only this time, you're handed a pokémon capable of soloing the rest of the game less than halfway through the main story.[/spoiler]
But this is okay.
[spoiler]Remember to bring a synchronizer with the nature you want for your jetplane, and save your game when you arrive on the island so you can soft reset for near-perfect stats. Like in X/Y certain pokémon are guaranteed flawless IVs in three stats, so getting the uber jetplane you want is easy.[/spoiler]
The game is lots of fun. The nostalgia power level is pretty high up there, perhaps greater than the feel I felt playing SoulSilver and so far I've seen enough new content or minor new features to be satisfied. The gameworld remains very similar to the original layout of course but feels larger at the same time, and most of everything looks gorgeous. The in-battle backgrounds are even better than what X/Y had and do a lot to enhance the atmosphere- I particularly like the gym battle backgrounds. Mt. Chimney looked great during the evening also.
And then
[spoiler]After you use surf to cross over to east Hoenn you are given, during a short event, one of the jetplane dragons depending on your version, complete with that one's mega-evolution stone. It's like pre-elite four Rayquaza all over again. Only this time, you're handed a pokémon capable of soloing the rest of the game less than halfway through the main story.[/spoiler]
But this is okay.
[spoiler]Remember to bring a synchronizer with the nature you want for your jetplane, and save your game when you arrive on the island so you can soft reset for near-perfect stats. Like in X/Y certain pokémon are guaranteed flawless IVs in three stats, so getting the uber jetplane you want is easy.[/spoiler]

