Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

E-Man returns to pixels
#12
I appreciate your help, Shy Guy, but I do have to admit that all your suggestions make my head spin. I'm a bit at a loss at what you mean by all this and it's hard for me to wrap my head around the concepts you suggested.

As much as I would like to use the same kind of cool pose you used, I'm actually starting off with a simple, somewhat uninteresting pose for a reason. Basically, I want to get the base sprite down first and then edit it into all the poses later. Besides, it's what I'm doing with my Goomba. Also, I know that the boy and the girl look almost identical, but I was aiming for average young teen bodies to use as the base. No big muscles, breasts, or anything like that. I want to save the more drastic changes when I work on other human characters, which is why the torso doesn't look spectacular.

With that said, I made some edits to my female human. I took care of the head and the legs as best as I could, but I don't know what to do about the arms. By the way, could my old head be used for the boy base head, provided that I edit it to make it not lean to the left?

   

Before I head out, here's some more edits to my Goomba based on what Smithy said. I didn't have time to animate them, though…

   

You think I should use the selout version of the Goomba I created a bit ago? That way, the eyebrows don't appear to blend with the outline and I think it'll look much better.


EDIT: Now that I look at the shading of my human, I'm starting to think that the color I used has bad contrast. You think I should resolve that by making it darker?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
E-Man returns to pixels - by E-Man - 09-13-2014, 08:11 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by E-Man - 09-14-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by Kelvin - 09-14-2014, 09:16 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by E-Man - 09-14-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by Kelvin - 09-15-2014, 05:48 AM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by E-Man - 09-15-2014, 05:59 AM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by Koh - 09-15-2014, 06:48 AM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by E-Man - 09-15-2014, 01:41 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by SmithyGCN - 09-15-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by Kelvin - 09-16-2014, 09:47 AM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by TheShyGuy - 09-16-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by E-Man - 09-16-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by E-Man - 09-17-2014, 09:30 AM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by Kelvin - 09-17-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by E-Man - 09-17-2014, 08:16 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by Bynine - 09-17-2014, 08:53 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by E-Man - 09-18-2014, 09:22 AM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by TheShyGuy - 09-18-2014, 01:17 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by E-Man - 09-18-2014, 01:43 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by E-Man - 09-18-2014, 10:13 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by Kelvin - 09-19-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by E-Man - 09-30-2014, 07:14 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by Mr. Jam - 09-30-2014, 11:21 PM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by Kelvin - 10-01-2014, 06:27 AM
RE: E-Man returns to pixels - by FarmerM - 10-02-2014, 10:04 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)