Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Community Pixel Hut (General Sprite Thread)
#28
(08-06-2014, 09:33 AM)EpicEbilninja Wrote:
(08-06-2014, 07:59 AM)SmashBrosFan10 Wrote: Ive recolored it with the Nes color palate.how does it look now?Also im thinking of making a whole super smash bros Nes sprite sheet!

There are a lot flaws with Mario's design. Try taking a careful look at Mario's fighting stance( I mean from the actual games, or even from your profile image ). Pay close attention to things like his body, arms, legs, etc.

As Virtuaboy said, I think it would help to take a look at the Super Mario Bros. 3 sprites. I'm not saying you should modify this Mario into a fighting position, I'm saying that it may help if you studied the sprites and used a similar style.

Just ignore what I said earlier about outlines, I didn't explain well at all, so sorry if I caused a bit of confusion. For outlines, it may help to look at the Mario Bros. 3 sprites to see how they did theirs.

For a NES styled sprite, you would normally use 3 colors(plus a transparent color), but I don't think that's a necessary restriction for a new spriter to follow. Just try not to use too many colors for now( if it's retro styled, I think 4-5 colors would be OK ).
Thanks for telling me all the flaws and things i should try to make with the sprites.im trying to get better and better at custom sprite's.Im might try different styles like you said.Big Grin
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Community Pixel Hut (General Sprite Thread) - by SmashBrosFan10 - 08-06-2014, 11:00 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)