07-17-2014, 10:28 PM
This took a bit longer than expected, but here's FLBExt.
You can use it two ways. The first is to simply double-click on FLBExt.exe, and it'll give a dialog to choose your FLB files in. Then it'll open another dialog to choose which folder to extract the images into (the folder must already exist, there isn't a "New Folder" option unfortunately). Wait a sec, you'll see some stuff pop up in the console window (either that it's extracting or that the FLB files are corrupt, but the latter shouldn't happen), then when it's done go to the folder you chose. Within you'll find subfolders, one for each FLB file (e.g. Titl
xtracted), and within those you'll find the extracted images and PNG files.
The second way is using the command-line or a batch file. The usage goes like so:
Pretty self-explanatory. The only differences are 1) you need to specify a directory and it'll automatically extract all FLB files in there and 2) outDir will be created if it doesn't already exist. In all other respects it'll work exactly the same as the first method.
[SPOILER=Some weird details if you're interested]
As a little side note, it turns out that the pixel data is actually in ARGB format, not ABGR. I'm a bit confused as to why TextureFinder needs the RGB-BGR box to be ticked to show them correctly (since it reads them as RGBA), since that caused me to believe the channels were the other way round (the alpha doesn't matter, it's almost always FF and appears directly before and after anyway). It doesn't really make sense, reading them as RGBA should give the correct one and BGRA the wrong one, not the other way round. I don't know though, it's confusing, maybe something's wrong with TextureFinder. All I know it that's it definitely in ARGB format.
In any case this means I don't have to manually turn it from ABGR to ARGB, which speeds up the process somewhat.
[/SPOILER]
Anyway yeah, enjoy! Most FLBs have weird coloured squares along with the other images, I assume they're used for some code-controlled things in the game, but I can't really avoid extracting them. You'll see the bits you want though.
If you need help or anything goes wrong just say
You can use it two ways. The first is to simply double-click on FLBExt.exe, and it'll give a dialog to choose your FLB files in. Then it'll open another dialog to choose which folder to extract the images into (the folder must already exist, there isn't a "New Folder" option unfortunately). Wait a sec, you'll see some stuff pop up in the console window (either that it's extracting or that the FLB files are corrupt, but the latter shouldn't happen), then when it's done go to the folder you chose. Within you'll find subfolders, one for each FLB file (e.g. Titl
xtracted), and within those you'll find the extracted images and PNG files.The second way is using the command-line or a batch file. The usage goes like so:
Code:
FLBExt inFile outDir
inDir: Directory containing the files to extract
outDir: Directory where extracted images will be savedPretty self-explanatory. The only differences are 1) you need to specify a directory and it'll automatically extract all FLB files in there and 2) outDir will be created if it doesn't already exist. In all other respects it'll work exactly the same as the first method.
[SPOILER=Some weird details if you're interested]
As a little side note, it turns out that the pixel data is actually in ARGB format, not ABGR. I'm a bit confused as to why TextureFinder needs the RGB-BGR box to be ticked to show them correctly (since it reads them as RGBA), since that caused me to believe the channels were the other way round (the alpha doesn't matter, it's almost always FF and appears directly before and after anyway). It doesn't really make sense, reading them as RGBA should give the correct one and BGRA the wrong one, not the other way round. I don't know though, it's confusing, maybe something's wrong with TextureFinder. All I know it that's it definitely in ARGB format.
In any case this means I don't have to manually turn it from ABGR to ARGB, which speeds up the process somewhat.
[/SPOILER]
Anyway yeah, enjoy! Most FLBs have weird coloured squares along with the other images, I assume they're used for some code-controlled things in the game, but I can't really avoid extracting them. You'll see the bits you want though.
If you need help or anything goes wrong just say

