Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

What are you reading?
#4
(06-08-2014, 10:23 PM)puggsoy Wrote: I'm currently continuing Gulliver's Travels, I'd taken a long pause in the middle of Part 3 (near the end of him describing the various academies in Balnibarbi). Right now I'm in the middle of Part 4, where he explains a bunch of political stuff to his master Houyhnhnm.

As someone who read Gulliver's Travels before I went off to college, I have to say that it is a pretty good (although lengthy) read. It is very descriptive with the details (especially in the third part) and the satire of human society is very thought out.

Personally, I wasn't that interested with part three because the antics Gulliver went through dwarfed in comparison to his misadventures in parts one and two. By part four, though, that's when it becomes a lot more interesting for me and really makes you think about the human race as a whole.


Messages In This Thread
What are you reading? - by puggsoy - 06-08-2014, 10:23 PM
RE: What are you reading? - by Vipershark - 06-09-2014, 01:34 AM
RE: What are you reading? - by StarSock64 - 06-09-2014, 02:35 AM
RE: What are you reading? - by E-Man - 06-09-2014, 06:23 AM
RE: What are you reading? - by Garamonde - 06-09-2014, 11:06 AM
RE: What are you reading? - by puggsoy - 06-09-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: What are you reading? - by Garamonde - 06-10-2014, 01:53 PM
RE: What are you reading? - by E-Man - 06-10-2014, 02:00 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)