05-28-2014, 08:55 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2014, 08:57 PM by Sketchasaurus.)
Ahaha, nice! I can imagine Kamekannon behaving like Bowser during his boss battle in SMB3 like that.
I like how you've interpreted the NES sprite, it's also cool how massive you've made 'im, too! I'm interested to see how you interpret and animate these fellas.
Here's a bit of artwork for additional references.
[spoiler]
![[Image: kmEfmI9.png]](http://i.imgur.com/kmEfmI9.png)
![[Image: 2ZIzIEU.png]](http://i.imgur.com/2ZIzIEU.png)
![[Image: lvLp0l3.png]](http://i.imgur.com/lvLp0l3.png)
Even though these all have the same color scheme in the art, Titans are able to have any variety of color palettes and variations (there's even a version of Kamekannon that looks more like a Terrapin *spoiler alert) Oh, here's a bit of concept art that illustrates what I mean:![[Image: 2YcT9JT.png]](http://i.imgur.com/2YcT9JT.png)
[/spoiler]
I also agree with Koopaul, the details of the backgrounds kind of interfere with the readability of the character sprites. I would consider maybe using flat colors or 2-shades for backgrounds. and a little bit more of a light blue tint to the far trees will also give it a more roomy/atmospheric feel and really add depth to the 2D world.
I like how you've interpreted the NES sprite, it's also cool how massive you've made 'im, too! I'm interested to see how you interpret and animate these fellas.
Here's a bit of artwork for additional references.
[spoiler]
![[Image: kmEfmI9.png]](http://i.imgur.com/kmEfmI9.png)
![[Image: 2ZIzIEU.png]](http://i.imgur.com/2ZIzIEU.png)
![[Image: lvLp0l3.png]](http://i.imgur.com/lvLp0l3.png)
Even though these all have the same color scheme in the art, Titans are able to have any variety of color palettes and variations (there's even a version of Kamekannon that looks more like a Terrapin *spoiler alert) Oh, here's a bit of concept art that illustrates what I mean:
![[Image: 2YcT9JT.png]](http://i.imgur.com/2YcT9JT.png)
[/spoiler]
I also agree with Koopaul, the details of the backgrounds kind of interfere with the readability of the character sprites. I would consider maybe using flat colors or 2-shades for backgrounds. and a little bit more of a light blue tint to the far trees will also give it a more roomy/atmospheric feel and really add depth to the 2D world.

