Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Pixel Club - Fake Classic Screens
#1
I've made this thread as a bit of an experiment, if its something I should avoid or anyone would prefer not here then I apologize and do with the thread what you will.

The Pixel Club
I figured this needed a name of some sort in case the experiment does well then maybe we can do more, think of this like the monthly events but not limited by time, just left for anyone to take part until the thread dies, that said, if you want to do just 1 picture or 100 go ahead.

Fake Classic Screens
for the experiment I figured I'd pick something common on the forum albeit with a little more specification, Pick a 16-bit or less console and using its native resolution and its graphical limitations, create a screen shot of an imaginary game (or even a de-make).
I'd advise you research your consoles well, if you can't find the appropriate information then ask here, information provided will be stored below in the Console List section.

Console List

GameBoy (I'm likely wrong on some of this, I didn't have a very reliable source)
[spoiler]
  • 2-bit monochrome colour (feel free to tint this slightly to reflect on the backlight or use of the game on gameboy colour.)
    8x8 tiles
    8x8, 16x8 or 8x16 sprites
    1 x 4-colour tiles pallet
    2 x 3-colour sprite pallet
    8 sprites per scan-line (1 pixel horizontal line)
[/spoiler]

NES
[spoiler]
  • preset colour selection
    [Image: NES_Palette.png]
    8x8 tiles
    8x8, 16x8 or 8x16 sprites
    1 x 4-colour tiles pallet
    2 x 3-colour sprite pallet
    8 sprites per 4 pixel column / row
[/spoiler]


to get things started, BAM!
GameBoy - Jump Lump
[Image: jump_lump__gameboy_limitations__by_pushb...5xk3pv.png]

thanks for reading and have fun,
Bombshell


Messages In This Thread
Pixel Club - Fake Classic Screens - by Bombshell93 - 03-10-2013, 06:38 AM
RE: Pixel Club - Fake Classic Screens - by Vic - 03-10-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Pixel Club - Fake Classic Screens - by Gaia - 03-14-2013, 05:46 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)