02-16-2013, 02:15 PM
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2013, 04:53 PM by redblueyellow.)
I've been reading around for the past few days, and Sylveon being based on sylvan makes a bit more sense. Sylvans are some form of spirits or fairies, etc (which might suggest normal typing or the possible new fairy type). Anyways, I'd be interested to see a new typing this gen, especially with how such a type would match up with the current ones.
Also, I decided to read into the Yggdrasil idea a bit more today, and how it would tie into the rest of the game.
[spoiler=A semi-quick thought]
There are supposedly three roots that branch out of the tree Yggdrasil, each that lead to a well or spring (Urðarbrunnr, Hvergelmir and Mímisbrunnr). Seeing how each gen has their own trio of legendaries, I was thinking that these three wells/ springs could house the legenedary trio of this gen, which leads me to norns. The three main norns are Urðr, Verðandi, and Skuld. The main problem I see with this idea is that the norns are giantesses, so I'm not sure how they could translate into pokemon.[/spoiler]
EDIT: I also had a few guesses on possible evos/ prevos, but I have a feeling I shouldn't swamp the thread with them.
jynx (pre), pinsir (evo), weezing/ bronzong (evo), lapras (pre), banette (evo), sigiliph (pre), durant (evo), gothorita (alt. evo), audino (evo), palpitoad (alt. evo), mawile (evo), mienshao (evo), stunkfish (pre), emolga (evo), torkoal (evo), zangoose (evo), spinda (evo), sharpedo (evo)
Also, I decided to read into the Yggdrasil idea a bit more today, and how it would tie into the rest of the game.
[spoiler=A semi-quick thought]
There are supposedly three roots that branch out of the tree Yggdrasil, each that lead to a well or spring (Urðarbrunnr, Hvergelmir and Mímisbrunnr). Seeing how each gen has their own trio of legendaries, I was thinking that these three wells/ springs could house the legenedary trio of this gen, which leads me to norns. The three main norns are Urðr, Verðandi, and Skuld. The main problem I see with this idea is that the norns are giantesses, so I'm not sure how they could translate into pokemon.[/spoiler]
EDIT: I also had a few guesses on possible evos/ prevos, but I have a feeling I shouldn't swamp the thread with them.
jynx (pre), pinsir (evo), weezing/ bronzong (evo), lapras (pre), banette (evo), sigiliph (pre), durant (evo), gothorita (alt. evo), audino (evo), palpitoad (alt. evo), mawile (evo), mienshao (evo), stunkfish (pre), emolga (evo), torkoal (evo), zangoose (evo), spinda (evo), sharpedo (evo)

