Its cool, i like to exchange ideas too when it comes to programming.
I was thinking of making the file format like this:
[spoiler]
(below)
nts -> null terminated string
#-> number of bytes
Header:
(nts) Tag
(4)Size of file
(4 * x)relocation table offset(s) -> x depends on type of data file
For a ssbb model, it would've included tables for vertices, the bone tree hierarchy, the string table, one for the polygons...etc.
Relocation Table:
(4)entry count
(4 * x)entry offsets
Raw Data
Lets says this is just a sprite with a source rectangle and name of the sprite sheet for the source sprite)
(4)name offset(local?/global?)
(4)X
(4)Y
(4)Width
(4)Height
String Table(null terminated strings)
(4) entry count
(nts * x) name ("Shy Guy Sprite Sheet")
[/spoiler]
I've been playing with bit shifting and unsafe pointers in the past few days. But i can't figure out how to create the binary structures (header/reloctable/etc). I would explain more but i can't describe it =/.
========================
The next update will include a hub, damage(getting hit), and saving/loading (useless right now but im working on it obviously)
I was thinking of making the file format like this:
[spoiler]
- Header
- Relocation Tables
- Raw Data
- String table
- Relocation Tables
(below)
nts -> null terminated string
#-> number of bytes
Header:
(nts) Tag
(4)Size of file
(4 * x)relocation table offset(s) -> x depends on type of data file
For a ssbb model, it would've included tables for vertices, the bone tree hierarchy, the string table, one for the polygons...etc.
Relocation Table:
(4)entry count
(4 * x)entry offsets
Raw Data
Lets says this is just a sprite with a source rectangle and name of the sprite sheet for the source sprite)(4)name offset(local?/global?)
(4)X
(4)Y
(4)Width
(4)Height
String Table(null terminated strings)
(4) entry count
(nts * x) name ("Shy Guy Sprite Sheet")
[/spoiler]
I've been playing with bit shifting and unsafe pointers in the past few days. But i can't figure out how to create the binary structures (header/reloctable/etc). I would explain more but i can't describe it =/.
========================
The next update will include a hub, damage(getting hit), and saving/loading (useless right now but im working on it obviously)

