Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

[Open Source] General 2D Level Editor || Any Interested?
#5
(01-24-2013, 09:25 PM)Phaze Wrote: I'm busy procrastinating working on a sprite animation tool so I'll need to pass. The tool sounds neat, though!

I have one that i already spent some time on. I'd like to give it to you but chances are it might be a bit confusing since i only really made it for me. I tried to give recolornerd a try at a skeletal animator editor (that i have to re-do all over) just a few mins ago and he was looost. To summarize, its not "cell-based", frames are source rectangles that can be rotated (not scaled tho) and have rectangles and circles for keypoints or collisions boxes.

Its like this:
[spoiler]
Animated Sprite Object:
--Name
--Animations:
[spoiler]
----[Animation]
----Name
----Flipped
----PlayState(normalLooped, PingPong, PingPong looped)
----Frames:
[spoiler]
-------[Frame]
-------Name
-------Alpha
-------Source Rectangle
-------Position
-------Origin
-------Rotation
-------Scale
-------Rectangle/Poly Collisions
-------Key Points (circles)
-------frame time
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Then there's the animationplayer that actually does the animating and drawing.

Phaze Wrote:I'm probably gonna need to make my own tool for editing levels in the future though, depending Shy

Thats why i started making this. I was a bit tired of making these game-specific tools too.


Messages In This Thread
RE: [Open Source] General 2D Level Editor || Any Interested? - by TheShyGuy - 01-24-2013, 09:53 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)