It happens during a specific cutscene:
[SPOILER=Since I don't know how far MJ is in the game]
When Bowser find that huge hole that the Monty Moles are digging (goes from Toad Town to Bowser's Castle iirc), they're doing it with a huge drill tank. I think it happens about halfway through the game.
[/SPOILER]
It's been a while since I played it so I could be wrong, that's what I remember though. I don't think it appears outside the cutscene, but I could be wrong about that as well.
[SPOILER=Since I don't know how far MJ is in the game]
When Bowser find that huge hole that the Monty Moles are digging (goes from Toad Town to Bowser's Castle iirc), they're doing it with a huge drill tank. I think it happens about halfway through the game.
[/SPOILER]
It's been a while since I played it so I could be wrong, that's what I remember though. I don't think it appears outside the cutscene, but I could be wrong about that as well.

