Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Arrghus WIP (Link's Awakening/Oracles)
#11
(12-11-2012, 03:53 AM)Vipershark Wrote: Do you have a reference for the Stone Arrghus?

It doesn't look much like, well, stone.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_s...sheet/1015

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlwqNsn7gK0

(12-11-2012, 06:06 AM)Previous Wrote: I think the lines look way too thick, especially with the anti-aliasing. Also, your shading consists mostly of banding along the bottom part instead of adding depth to the object.

I don't know either but that's what I did. I made the colours more dull and added more shading - I also used black to make the lines at the bottom thicker to add even more depth there. You can use your line colour for shading, too.

I'll try your suggestion later but a word of warning, the way I was designing the sprites was that the top half was the same while the bottom half changes so I'll have to compensate a little for the body's shading so that the two halves blend into each other without much trouble.

Basically like this:
[Image: ibh2mKh0LNLPFY.png]
---
Update:
[Image: ibaoNKp7H4U91b.png]
---
Another Update:
[Image: ibfhBxpxvqwZYX.png]

I definitely need to shade the top half more.


Messages In This Thread
Deathbringer's Stuff - by Deathbringer - 12-10-2012, 06:35 PM
RE: Arrghus WIP (Link's Awakening/Oracles) - by Deathbringer - 12-11-2012, 07:26 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)