Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

The Art Lounge
#1
Hey art nerds!

I'm drawing my 3DS from various perspectives for the final project in my drawing class (I'm going to arrange it so that there are DS's seen from different perspectives inside the screens of other DS's), but when I draw slanted surfaces (the top flap) it doesn't look...right.

I've tried to demonstrate the problem on my computer:
[Image: YCi5f.png]
The angle looks off.
I think it looks a lot better when the system is drawn at about eye level though:
[Image: fMuS3.png]
So my question is, am I doing this wrong?
It just occurred to me that maybe if I placed the vanishing point way lower, then it might look better. Would that work?

It's just a quick question that probably doesn't need its own topic, but we don't really have an art lounge.


Messages In This Thread
The Art Lounge - by Phantom Killah - 11-30-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: Perspective Question - by Garamonde - 11-30-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: The Art Lounge - by Baegal - 11-30-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: The Art Lounge - by The KKM - 12-01-2012, 03:15 PM
RE: The Art Lounge - by Phantom Killah - 12-01-2012, 05:34 PM
RE: The Art Lounge - by Sengir - 12-21-2012, 05:34 PM
RE: The Art Lounge - by PatientZero - 12-23-2012, 10:33 AM
RE: The Art Lounge - by Star - 03-05-2013, 05:02 AM
RE: The Art Lounge - by Vic - 03-12-2013, 11:22 AM
RE: The Art Lounge - by Sol - 03-12-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: The Art Lounge - by The KKM - 03-12-2013, 11:28 AM
RE: The Art Lounge - by Vic - 03-12-2013, 06:06 PM
RE: The Art Lounge - by The KKM - 03-14-2013, 10:54 AM
RE: The Art Lounge - by Tellis - 03-12-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: The Art Lounge - by Gwen - 03-12-2013, 07:05 PM
RE: The Art Lounge - by Garamonde - 03-14-2013, 11:24 AM
RE: The Art Lounge - by recme - 03-14-2013, 08:59 PM
RE: The Art Lounge - by The KKM - 03-15-2013, 06:46 AM
RE: The Art Lounge - by Zadaben - 03-14-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: The Art Lounge - by Baegal - 03-15-2013, 05:37 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)