(10-28-2012, 08:07 AM)Rai Wrote: Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda game.
Same here. I still have fond memories of watching over my brother's shoulder as he defeated the final boss.
Anyway, finished Vessel last night. It's a seriously good puzzle platformer, for me it's up there with Braid and Puggsy. Despite Arkwright's movements being a bit unnatural and weird, it's sort of necessary due to the flexibility of the game. Either way I quickly got used to it so I could focus on the puzzles which, by the way, are fantastic.
I'm not even completely finished yet, I still have a bunch of Steam achievements, including the last/overall protoplasm survey.
[SPOILER=About the ending]
A bit disappointing. Seriously, what the Accelerator does was kind of unsatisfying for me, personally. I wasn't expecting anything in particular, but I didn't expect something as obscure as a humanoid-shaped blob of liquid that reminds me of protoplasm. You don't even know if it's Arkwright anymore, or a new fluro, or whatever. As far as I'm concerned Arkwright could pretty much have killed himself.
It could have been worse, but then again I'm sure it could have been better as well.
The puzzle of actually getting the Accelerator going was nice though. Combining all of the liquids you collected was interesting. As I mentioned earlier, there are multiple ways to solve puzzles, and with this one particularly I noticed that multiple approaches could be taken. For instance I noticed that there was a grating in on the right side, by the blue and red goo dispensers, which a fluro could go through, but I didn't use it at all. What I did was this:
I put button-pushing fluros on the glow goo and lava dispenser buttons, to create a continuous stream of those. Then I created two dark fluros, both out of red goo, and chased them into the little slots above the main chamber (closing them afterwards).
I then put a seed near the top-right of the glow goo dispenser, which would attract the glow goo to the right so that it would fall on top of the lava and create glow gas continuously. Then I quickly started up the Accelerator and jumped inside (I had to do it quickly before the dark fluros died from the glow gas). Once it was closed and spinning it filled up with glow gas, killing the dark fluros and thus giving red goo. Then I just shot out some blue goo from my backpack.
I'd be interesting in reading how other people did it if they did it differently.
[/SPOILER]

