Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

.cmp files
#6
Thanks, Miss. The only thing I could find regarding compression is this.

Quote:PAK

Package files. The first few bytes reads "pack" in ASCII. Usually contains a bunch of random files. I don't know if any programs extract these files, but there is a cheap trick that I use. If you're looking for TPL files, for example, run a search for the TPL header (00 20 AF 30). Then dump everything from that point and onwards. Of course, you may want to determine where the packed file actually ends, but TLPCNV seems to do a good job handling the unwanted data most of the time.

CMP

Compressed package files. Basically a PAK file with LZ77 compression.


I honestly don't know what any of that means. Sad

Eh, you could close this now, I suppose.


Messages In This Thread
.cmp files - by canasniimehugh - 10-27-2012, 12:00 AM
RE: .cmp files - by Previous - 10-27-2012, 05:54 AM
RE: .cmp files - by Garamonde - 10-27-2012, 10:02 AM
RE: .cmp files - by canasniimehugh - 10-27-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: .cmp files - by Garamonde - 10-27-2012, 06:15 PM
RE: .cmp files - by canasniimehugh - 10-27-2012, 06:38 PM
RE: .cmp files - by Garamonde - 10-27-2012, 07:05 PM
RE: .cmp files - by canasniimehugh - 10-27-2012, 07:20 PM
RE: .cmp files - by Garamonde - 10-27-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: .cmp files - by canasniimehugh - 10-27-2012, 07:38 PM
RE: .cmp files - by Previous - 10-28-2012, 05:12 AM
RE: .cmp files - by canasniimehugh - 10-28-2012, 12:17 PM
RE: .cmp files - by Previous - 10-28-2012, 01:28 PM
RE: .cmp files - by canasniimehugh - 10-28-2012, 02:37 PM
RE: .cmp files - by Garamonde - 10-28-2012, 02:50 PM
RE: .cmp files - by canasniimehugh - 10-28-2012, 03:27 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)