Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Poll: How do you feel about these kinds of games?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like these the most; they force the player to explore the world.
20.00%
2 20.00%
They're pretty good. The exploration factor is definitely nice.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Okay. I don't mind exploring the world.
20.00%
2 20.00%
Not very good...I get way too lost and can't find my way.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Super ridiculous! Where the hell am I supposed to go!?
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Games That Just Dump You in the World.
#31
I think Myst is pretty much the same as Riven in terms of gameplay and how you start off, Riven is supposed to be a "sequel" although I don't think the storylines are related.

I started playing Riven a few years ago but that's the sort of "dump you nowhere" game I don't like. The thing is that you know absolutely nothing, and you have no indication of where to go. I walked around a bit and found some stuff that animated, but due to me not actually achieving anything I gave up. I really didn't know what to do and any clues must have been extremely subtle. Might try it again sometime, though.


Messages In This Thread
Games That Just Dump You in the World. - by Koh - 09-09-2012, 07:18 AM
RE: Games That Just Dump You in the World. - by puggsoy - 09-14-2012, 04:54 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)