Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Why We Sprite?
#3
Long time no post, thought I'd give my thoughts~

My initial reasons for spriting were to make sprite comics since I was really into comics back then (I still am into comics, though my tastes probably have changed for the better). I thought it'd be fun, really.

Well, needless to say my motivations changed and I haven't looked back. I got introduced to Pixel Joint two years back and that's when I really started to try and hone my pixel skills. I scoured websites for tutorials, practiced, and then I joined here a little while back to try and improve more.

But now, as I enter my senior year of high school I find myself wanting to get into game creation as my livelihood. Spriting, to me, was once something that I just did because I liked to draw. But couple that with MS Paint and video games and it just grew into my motivations now; I want to get better at spriting so I can create a convincing, memorable world for people to play in and enjoy. Not to mention I have a nostalgic fondness for these kind of graphics and it makes me feel good thinking about becoming as good as those that have done this before me.


Messages In This Thread
Why We Sprite? - by Koopaul - 08-21-2012, 12:10 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by UnHolyDarkth - 08-21-2012, 12:49 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Strasteo - 08-21-2012, 12:55 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Koopaul - 08-21-2012, 01:32 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Chris2Balls [:B] - 08-21-2012, 01:37 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Previous - 08-21-2012, 02:40 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by NICKtendo DS - 08-21-2012, 05:31 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by RokuGurin - 08-21-2012, 07:44 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Kami - 08-21-2012, 08:08 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Gors - 08-21-2012, 08:29 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Zac - 08-21-2012, 08:39 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Nindo - 08-21-2012, 09:10 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Gors - 08-21-2012, 09:35 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Chris2Balls [:B] - 08-21-2012, 10:10 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Mutsukki - 08-21-2012, 12:05 PM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Keiang - 08-21-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Garamonde - 08-21-2012, 03:57 PM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Koopaul - 08-21-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Kami - 08-21-2012, 05:57 PM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Koopaul - 08-22-2012, 01:39 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Cobalt Blue - 08-22-2012, 01:44 AM
RE: Why We Sprite? - by Terminal Devastation - 08-22-2012, 09:57 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)