06-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Here it is, the final batch of Final Fantasy VIII models! Every combat model is now ripped and posted! Yay!
Oh, but one thing that becomes painfully obvious in this final batch is that some textures have transparency where they shouldn’t. It’s a particular black, I’m thinking, that’s just been mistaken in the alpha or something. It should be easily enough fixed in Photoshop or GIMP or whatever, but I thought it was best to let others fix it for themselves rather than for me to attempt it. I included a readme about the problem with the ones most strongly affected.
This batch consists entirely of party members, though some of them only short-term. So we’ll start with the short-term dream team, who are being stuck in the NPC category. (Or was it being called Other rather than NPC?)
[spoiler]
The Man with the Machine Gun himself, Laguna Loire, former Galbadian soldier, future Esthar President and all-around dreamboat, here is the father that Squall hasn’t yet met:
![[Image: lagunaicon.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/lagunaicon.png)
![[Image: lagunapreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/lagunapreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?aev0z97r8nw42ak
As you can see, the Galbadian military uniform is one of the ones that really suffers from the transparency issue.
And of course we have Laguna’s friends and followers, starting with Kiros Seagill:
![[Image: kirosicon.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/kirosicon.png)
![[Image: kirospreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/kirospreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?advb5u9ihzt1e8c
As with Zell, Kiros’s hands are part of his weapon, so he doesn’t have any.
I added that to the readme. Of course, in Kiros’s case it’s worse, since his weapon isn’t just gloves, but blades held closely in his hands, and of course he only has the one set of weapons so why not just put them there in the first place! ARGH! Ahem. Please excuse that little outburst.
And then we have Ward Zabac:
![[Image: wardicon.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/wardicon.png)
![[Image: wardpreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/wardpreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?hi9p2aqls1m1tqm
[/spoiler]
And now for the remainder of the party and their weapons.
[spoiler]
We may as well go in roughly game order rather than alphabetical this time, ‘cause I feel like it. So we’ll start with Instructor Quistis Trepe:
![[Image: quistisicon.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/quistisicon.png)
![[Image: quistispreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/quistispreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?m6t0pc6bx0hz828
And her whips, of course. And I’m never sure when a name ending in “s” should have an “’s” and when it should just have an “’” so I did the icon both ways. Unlike with most of the other weapons, the whips are available in .dae and .smd format as well as .obj, because the whips actually have bones and movement.
![[Image: quistisswhipsicon.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/quistisswhipsicon.png)
![[Image: quistisswhipspreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/quistisswhipspreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ssb74gex76dnd5v
Then we have the adorable Selphie Tilmitt, who has a texture problem on her main model, unfortunately. Basically, it seems to be a UV map issue, but I don’t know why it rips broken when it doesn’t appear that way in the game. The problem is that her underwear—instead of being where it should be, out of sight—goes all the way down to the bottom of the interior of her skirt in the back, so you get a panty shot at almost all times. It’s disgusting and annoying, but should be fairly easily fixed. However, I didn’t want to try fixing it myself, since I wouldn’t do a very good job, and I’m sure there must be about a dozen different ways to fix it, and everyone will prefer their own solution, right? Anyway, it only affects Selphie’s main outfit, not her student uniform.
![[Image: selphie.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/selphie.png)
![[Image: selphiepreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/selphiepreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?788aatidqygaag6
And Selphie’s nunchaku, like Quistis’s whips, are available in .dae and .smd as well as .obj.
![[Image: selphiesnunchaku.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/selphiesnunchaku.png)
![[Image: selphiesnunchakupreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/selphiesnunchakupreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?d8qu04u1x260ila
So if we’re following game order, then the next party member will be Rinoa Heartilly.
![[Image: rinoaicon.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/rinoaicon.png)
![[Image: rinoapreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/rinoapreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ol2zmchpd28yu75
I have no idea what Rinoa’s weapon-type is properly called, so I just called it “Rinoa’s Weapons” and I hope that’s not a problem.
![[Image: rinoasweaponsicon.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/rinoasweaponsicon.png)
![[Image: rinoasweaponspreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/rinoasweaponspreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?08deu6m0gq377yj
And finally our last contestant—I mean, party member—Irvine Kinneas. Irvine is the only party member we never see in any other clothes. That’s actually kind of weird, don’t you think? (Well, unless you count the flashbacks to when they were all about five or six years old, anyway. But since they all have that (other than Rinoa) it still makes Irvine the odd man out.)
![[Image: irvineicon.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/irvineicon.png)
![[Image: irvinepreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/irvinepreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?j30wd7uccd5csst
And Irvine’s guns:
![[Image: irvinesgunsicon.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/irvinesgunsicon.png)
![[Image: irvinesgunspreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/irvinesgunspreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?7qu4d72h5udxpbx
[/spoiler]
Yay! All done! And in my week of Internet unavailability, I not only got this stuff finished up, I also started on my Chrono Cross project, so I’m off to the other submissions boards to put up the sprite and texture rips I’ve gotten ready!
(Now if only I could rip all those awesome models, too…)
Oh, but one thing that becomes painfully obvious in this final batch is that some textures have transparency where they shouldn’t. It’s a particular black, I’m thinking, that’s just been mistaken in the alpha or something. It should be easily enough fixed in Photoshop or GIMP or whatever, but I thought it was best to let others fix it for themselves rather than for me to attempt it. I included a readme about the problem with the ones most strongly affected.
This batch consists entirely of party members, though some of them only short-term. So we’ll start with the short-term dream team, who are being stuck in the NPC category. (Or was it being called Other rather than NPC?)
[spoiler]
The Man with the Machine Gun himself, Laguna Loire, former Galbadian soldier, future Esthar President and all-around dreamboat, here is the father that Squall hasn’t yet met:
![[Image: lagunapreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/lagunapreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?aev0z97r8nw42ak
As you can see, the Galbadian military uniform is one of the ones that really suffers from the transparency issue.
And of course we have Laguna’s friends and followers, starting with Kiros Seagill:
![[Image: kirospreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/kirospreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?advb5u9ihzt1e8c
As with Zell, Kiros’s hands are part of his weapon, so he doesn’t have any.
I added that to the readme. Of course, in Kiros’s case it’s worse, since his weapon isn’t just gloves, but blades held closely in his hands, and of course he only has the one set of weapons so why not just put them there in the first place! ARGH! Ahem. Please excuse that little outburst.And then we have Ward Zabac:
![[Image: wardpreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/wardpreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?hi9p2aqls1m1tqm
[/spoiler]
And now for the remainder of the party and their weapons.
[spoiler]
We may as well go in roughly game order rather than alphabetical this time, ‘cause I feel like it. So we’ll start with Instructor Quistis Trepe:
![[Image: quistispreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/quistispreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?m6t0pc6bx0hz828
And her whips, of course. And I’m never sure when a name ending in “s” should have an “’s” and when it should just have an “’” so I did the icon both ways. Unlike with most of the other weapons, the whips are available in .dae and .smd format as well as .obj, because the whips actually have bones and movement.
![[Image: quistisswhipspreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/quistisswhipspreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ssb74gex76dnd5v
Then we have the adorable Selphie Tilmitt, who has a texture problem on her main model, unfortunately. Basically, it seems to be a UV map issue, but I don’t know why it rips broken when it doesn’t appear that way in the game. The problem is that her underwear—instead of being where it should be, out of sight—goes all the way down to the bottom of the interior of her skirt in the back, so you get a panty shot at almost all times. It’s disgusting and annoying, but should be fairly easily fixed. However, I didn’t want to try fixing it myself, since I wouldn’t do a very good job, and I’m sure there must be about a dozen different ways to fix it, and everyone will prefer their own solution, right? Anyway, it only affects Selphie’s main outfit, not her student uniform.
![[Image: selphie.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/selphie.png)
![[Image: selphiepreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/selphiepreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?788aatidqygaag6
And Selphie’s nunchaku, like Quistis’s whips, are available in .dae and .smd as well as .obj.
![[Image: selphiesnunchaku.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/selphiesnunchaku.png)
![[Image: selphiesnunchakupreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/selphiesnunchakupreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?d8qu04u1x260ila
So if we’re following game order, then the next party member will be Rinoa Heartilly.
![[Image: rinoapreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/rinoapreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ol2zmchpd28yu75
I have no idea what Rinoa’s weapon-type is properly called, so I just called it “Rinoa’s Weapons” and I hope that’s not a problem.
![[Image: rinoasweaponspreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/rinoasweaponspreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?08deu6m0gq377yj
And finally our last contestant—I mean, party member—Irvine Kinneas. Irvine is the only party member we never see in any other clothes. That’s actually kind of weird, don’t you think? (Well, unless you count the flashbacks to when they were all about five or six years old, anyway. But since they all have that (other than Rinoa) it still makes Irvine the odd man out.)
![[Image: irvinepreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/irvinepreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?j30wd7uccd5csst
And Irvine’s guns:
![[Image: irvinesgunspreview.jpg]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/irvinesgunspreview.jpg)
http://www.mediafire.com/?7qu4d72h5udxpbx
[/spoiler]
Yay! All done! And in my week of Internet unavailability, I not only got this stuff finished up, I also started on my Chrono Cross project, so I’m off to the other submissions boards to put up the sprite and texture rips I’ve gotten ready!
(Now if only I could rip all those awesome models, too…)

