Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Custom character trying to gain his wings!
#24
Geou, I understand that you're using a different approach for sprites, but in my opinion, you need to know how pixelart works to try other styles.

If you want to keep with raster work, I suggest pixelart. If you aim for a smoother work, then go for vectors completely.


Since you appear to be working with raster graphics still, then I'll judge as sprites: you'll need more definition (readability) to your sprites, and that includes doing away with those 2-px wide black outlines, as it kills definition. Also, for the 2px outlines to work correctly, you'd need knowledge at anti-aliasing, which you don't have.

Also, regardless of what visual you're going for, a completely red guy is not striking at all; it looks uninteresting and boring. There is no rule to make interesting characters that I know of, but using complementary colors, clothing, facial features and posing are all good points to make an interesting character.


Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom character trying to gain his wings! - by Gors - 06-14-2012, 02:17 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)