06-02-2012, 03:26 AM
I guess this could also go in the movie thread but whatever!
Finally got around to watching Akira. Man that was some craaaaazy stuff, though I really enjoyed it. Kinda thought that that there was maybe a little bit too much left unexplained? Or maybe I'm just too dumb to understand the deeper meaning. Oh also
[spoiler]I felt really bad for Kaori, Tetsuo's girlfriend, because all she does is cling to him and then get herself beaten up and then killed (by Tetsuo!), even though all she wanted was for him to be okay. I mean, I guess I get that she can be seen as a sort of "this is what happens to those close to you when you abuse power" sort of thing, but they were still damn rough with her as a character... Also, the whole political thing with the rebellion leader and the colonel and the council was vague as crap, but I think that was on purpose because it wasn't the main point of the story.[/spoiler]
But yeah, really cool movie. The DVD I watched was scratched to hell because it was a library copy, so I may be missing something due to it skipping and me not realizing it.
I want that motorcycle.
Finally got around to watching Akira. Man that was some craaaaazy stuff, though I really enjoyed it. Kinda thought that that there was maybe a little bit too much left unexplained? Or maybe I'm just too dumb to understand the deeper meaning. Oh also
[spoiler]I felt really bad for Kaori, Tetsuo's girlfriend, because all she does is cling to him and then get herself beaten up and then killed (by Tetsuo!), even though all she wanted was for him to be okay. I mean, I guess I get that she can be seen as a sort of "this is what happens to those close to you when you abuse power" sort of thing, but they were still damn rough with her as a character... Also, the whole political thing with the rebellion leader and the colonel and the council was vague as crap, but I think that was on purpose because it wasn't the main point of the story.[/spoiler]
But yeah, really cool movie. The DVD I watched was scratched to hell because it was a library copy, so I may be missing something due to it skipping and me not realizing it.
I want that motorcycle.

