Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

The Official Pokemon Colosseum Project [Last update: 1/8/2014]
(05-18-2012, 10:20 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [spoiler]
(05-16-2012, 11:22 PM)AllenSword Wrote: @Mighty Jetters, thegameexplorer, Ploaj, John2k4: It has been 2 out of 4 months. I'm just letting you all know in case you are still in the project.

Yeah, I know, I'm trying to make time to do it.
In fact, I took a look at the guide some time ago, and I have a several questions about it (only just now getting around to asking them >_>)...

1: The 3D Ripper DX link you provided in the guide does not take me directly to the download and there is no place to download it.
Not that I'm going to use it (I'm going to try 3DVIA), just thought I'd bring up this problem.

2: With 3DVIA, I don't know what to download exactly, "3DVIA Composer"? I also only see a free trial of it...

3: Again with 3DVIA, I don't understand about the part where you said that if the model uses more than one of the same object, it won't be ripped. Does that mean that since Pichu, Registeel and Gligar probably have mostly symmetrical bodies, that it won't all be captured and I'll have to copy-paste the one side and attach it manually, or does that only count for "separated/floating/unattached" objects like you showed in the example image?

4: While I find the fact that it t-poses most models, has no scaling issues and does not require re-mapping to be very favorable compared to 3D Ripper DX, I don't exactly like the idea of needing a special plug-in for 3DS Max, plus am concerned about the object thing mentioned above. However if this is going to work better for me than 3D Ripper, which after reading the descriptions of both (and skimming through Zerox's huge and complex guide...), I believe that may be the case, then I'll be willing to download/set up a simple plug-in if the object issue isn't anything too drastic/troublesome.

5: You say that for both 3D Ripper DX and 3DVIA, you need 32-bit Dolphin. I already have 64-bit, and I'm not sure if I should waste space getting the 32-bit version as well, but I will if I must.

6: You say that welding/joining/etc. is more difficult with 3DS Max? Sick
I don't know anything about Blender so I will not be using that... I guess I have a lot to look forward to when I do this. Blank

7: I at least tried to go get KoichiSenada's plug-in, but I just want to know:
After navigating to the folder with the plug-in folders, I see that there are 6 of them as seen here, and I assume the one on the bottom is the latest version (has a later date on it), but I want to be sure if I should get that one.

And I think that's all. At least until I actually go about doing it anyway. <_>
Sorry for all the questions and the ginormous post.
[/spoiler]

Wow, thanks for pointing all that out for me! I gotta update my guide now. You actually pointed out some very important issues.

1. I'll fix it in the updated guide.
2. This is nobody's fault. You have to download 3dvia printscreen 2.3. Guess what? They took it down from their site so no one can get it. Luckily, I have a copy of the installer! I'll pm it to anyone who needs it and include it in the updated guide.
3. Mainly it appears to be the separated objects issue. You'll see this happen with sentret's feet for example. When you rip him, he only has one foot instead of two. That's what I meant by that. Sorry for the confusion.
4. You'd need a plugin if you used 3d ripper dx for best results. These rippers use special formats. Yes, 3d ripper exports to .obj, but it doesn't always have the best results. I can help you set that up, and will probably include instructions in the updated guide.
5. It has to be 32bit, sorry.
6. It seems to be in my experience, then again I'm not very handy with 3ds max. I just use it for conversion and cleaning up the ripped scenes.Shy It's not that hard to use blender for it though.
7. I'll include the most recent plugin in the tutorial as well. I'll pm you it shortly.

UPDATE: I updated the tutorial. Check the first post. It includes everything you should need including a 32 bit version of dolphin.


Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Pokemon Colosseum Project [Last update: 5/17/2012] - by AllenSword - 05-18-2012, 11:47 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)