04-19-2012, 07:23 PM
(04-19-2012, 07:12 PM)Peardian Wrote: [spoiler]
Is that really how the model originally is? The UVs on the body are really messy and asymmetrical. If that's really what you're having to work with, then you have a lot of dedication to this project.
For the UVs that aren't a total mess, I only have a few tips, and you may already know them. The UVs for the meshes are located lower than the "center" of the UV area. As such, if you make an adjustment to the texture and it doesn't show up right, try shifting it upwards (-Y/-V) until it shows up. Also, when you're modifying textures, always use factors of 2 when resizing the canvas (though I imagine you already know this). If you double the height of the texture, shrink the UVs to exactly 50% their original height, and move it 50% of the canvas size at a time. If you quadruple the texture size, use 25%, etc.
As for the mangled UVs on the body, the only thing I can say is maybe check the meshes when you import the ripped scene, in case the mesh has multiple UVs. It's somewhat unlikely, but it's still possible that the proper UVs are in the rip somewhere. The fact that the mouth and eyes have perfectly normal UVs makes this seem more likely.
[/spoiler]
I'm looking at the origninal rips, and I can't see any extra uv maps. Sorry
I did know about the uv maps being in lower than the center of the uv, but that was also true with the other models as well. I can move it over the texture exactly but it doesn't change the appearance. I'm not sure exactly what to do with this model. The dedication is because THIS IS my favorite model. I'd like to get it right as best as possible. If you want I can skip this one and have someone else look at it.
