Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Where did you get your username from?
#25
Well, way back when in my first days on the interwebs, back in the times of the Nsider forums I went by Jester Frog (because uh, Jesters are cool and uh, frogs are cool... yeah!) and then I made a character to go along with it, which was, at the time, an awful Kirby recolor/edit. I later developed him into a more frog-like character with like, the ability to make portals or something but they often went haywire (probably since? Many people on the forum I used to frequent would refer to me with variations on it, J-Frog, Jay, Froggie, or just Jester and whatnot. Also, Gorf Retsej is my name backwards, which sounds like a dwarf name or something.

But Tellis? Honestly a pretty dumb backstory. So at one point I changed my avatar on MSN to some fan-art that combined the L4D2 characters with Touhou: Imperishable Night characters, where Tewi was dressed as Ellis. Thusly I changed my name (temporarily, I thought) to Tellis, smashing the two names together. An internet friend of mine thought it was an awesome name on its own so he urged me to keep it and thus! I now tell everyone my name is Tellis. Still need to solidify what my reference character looks like though, oops, here's my TFR-self though. He's definitely more based on my actual self, and more based on my obsessions with over-the-top fighting/anime things and also giant eyebrows which are on my face.

And honestly I love both names and corresponding characters. Whether I make an assist or full character for TFR, I think there'll be some double teaming involved from both of them. Feel free to call me either name, not like anyone actually knows me as Jester...


Messages In This Thread
RE: Where did you get your username from? - by Tellis - 04-14-2012, 07:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)