Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

[TUTORIAL] Model Ripping Guide For Beginners (.BRRES Format) [Updated: 8/5/2012]
#33
(03-25-2012, 04:19 AM)Dazz Wrote: [spoiler="Batch convert with BRRES Viewer"]
-Batch convert with BRRES Viewer-
Following Mighty Jetters tutorial written above, you can actually convert several models all at the same time, which will make submitting a full game's contents a whole lot easier.

First, in BRRES Viewer, open all the files you want to convert. You can select multiple from the open command, so open a whole bunch by select them all and hitting open - NOT ONE AT A TIME THAT WOULD TAKE YEARS.
[Image: Qdj1b.jpg]

Then select File > Export All Files...
[Image: ucSNR.jpg]

A little window should pop up with a bunch of drop downs. Depending on how you plan to do everything, you can select various options. This screenshot shows the way I opt to do things, as it makes mass converting a lot easier...
[Image: 8An9b.jpg]

Hit OK, and leave the window - it might not work if you're loading absolutely thousands of models, so maybe do this is a few times in batches of whatever works best for your computer.
The windows should appear to do things - just leave it. The bar at the top of the window will read "[Writing...]" until it is complete, at which point it will disappear.
Your converted files will all appear in a folder called "exported" in the same folder as the brres files.
[Image: R5FXV.jpg]
[/spoiler]

Quote:[spoiler="Batch Edit .dae Files"]
-Batch Edit .dae Files-

Now you have to edit all of the .dae files, so that the textures will load properly!
This is super fun to do, so trust me - open up Notepad++, and drag alllll of the .dae files into it. (If you sort the window by type, it makes it much easier to select all the .dae files)
[Image: 62jzC.jpg]

Select Search > Find in All Files (CTRL+H)
[Image: lXQUJ.jpg]

Now a window like this will pop up
[Image: 5fOG1.jpg]

You want to find all the giberish you want to have removed from those texture lines (read MJ's tutorial for more explaination) - copy paste this part from the texture path in the document.
And since you want it replaced with nothing at all, you just leave "Replace with:" blank. Then hit "Replace all in all opened documents"
[Image: 95d7Q.jpg]
It should then say that it has replaced a tonne of occurances!
[Image: np7xR.jpg]

Now it's not over - you need to add .png on the end. For this, it's a lot more effort, because you need to do this slowly. Basically, put this into your replace window:
[Image: M2ONy.jpg]

And hit "find next" - then replace. Do this for all the entries of textures, and STOP AS SOON AS THAT IS DONE. The text will jump a lot when you're done - and it should highlight the </init_from> after "Image" - this is your stop marker.
Save, and close that .dae - and that is finished! Continue this process for the rest...
This is the boring bit - but it's the final step! Once all of those are done, you're done! Loads of fully working .dae files Smile
[/spoiler]

Oh for the love of... I can't believe I forgot to include that stuff. I guess I figured that since the guide mentions about the setting that separates multiple BRRES files, people would assume they could open multiple files, or something. I dunno. Sorry about that guys. Blank
These two parts above is exactly how I do it, except that I don't leave everything together because it would literally take me longer to try to sort everything than it would to export each model individually and it would give me a brain ache.
Then I'd have that paranoid doubt that everything is fine.
Plus... with the type of models I do that have these weird specular textures and whatnot, you'd never know which model they belonged to, so I'm better off with my way of doing it.
Updated the guide.


Messages In This Thread
RE: [TUTORIAL] Model Ripping Guide For Beginners (.BRRES Format) [Updated: 3/26/2012] - by Garamonde - 03-26-2012, 05:14 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)