03-13-2012, 07:59 PM
I figure the best thing to do on the spelling is to match the game's spelling, even if it's patently wrong (happens from time to time) so I checked the strategy guide for FFVIII, and it was indeed Cactuar in this one. (In VI, it was Cactrot.
At least, on the PSX, it was...) So, here's the new icon:
![[Image: newcactuaricon.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/newcactuaricon.png)
Anyway, I've ripped the next set, but I haven't prepared the icons and preview images yet. I need some advice about the names on two of them, though. The first is for this model here:
[SPOILER]
![[Image: Biggs.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/Biggs.png)
As you may (or may not) remember, this model belongs both to the recurring boss Biggs, and to the standard enemy that was "Elite Soldier" of the Galbadian army. (Although I think NCO probably would be a more accurate description, but Elite Soldier is what the guide called them...) So...since the model is identical, should I submit it as Biggs, or as Elite Soldier? It would seem silly to submit it both ways... (The same will apply to Wedge when I get to him, since his model is also used for the standard Galbadian troops.)
[/SPOILER]
The second one I need help with is a little trickier. Regarding this fellow here:
[SPOILER]
![[Image: gardenstaff.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/gardenstaff.png)
These guys were in service to the Garden Master NORG--what a pain he's gonna be, by the way, being four models in one--but you never actually fought them. They appeared in combat, summoned a monster to fight you, and then left. Consequently, they're not listed in the strategy guide, and I no longer remember precisely what they were called. Does anyone remember? I ripped them under the name Garden Staff, but I'm fairly sure that's not accurate... Any ideas?
[/SPOILER]
At least, on the PSX, it was...) So, here's the new icon:Anyway, I've ripped the next set, but I haven't prepared the icons and preview images yet. I need some advice about the names on two of them, though. The first is for this model here:
[SPOILER]
![[Image: Biggs.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/Biggs.png)
As you may (or may not) remember, this model belongs both to the recurring boss Biggs, and to the standard enemy that was "Elite Soldier" of the Galbadian army. (Although I think NCO probably would be a more accurate description, but Elite Soldier is what the guide called them...) So...since the model is identical, should I submit it as Biggs, or as Elite Soldier? It would seem silly to submit it both ways... (The same will apply to Wedge when I get to him, since his model is also used for the standard Galbadian troops.)
[/SPOILER]
The second one I need help with is a little trickier. Regarding this fellow here:
[SPOILER]
![[Image: gardenstaff.png]](http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd375/SierraLatkje/gardenstaff.png)
These guys were in service to the Garden Master NORG--what a pain he's gonna be, by the way, being four models in one--but you never actually fought them. They appeared in combat, summoned a monster to fight you, and then left. Consequently, they're not listed in the strategy guide, and I no longer remember precisely what they were called. Does anyone remember? I ripped them under the name Garden Staff, but I'm fairly sure that's not accurate... Any ideas?
[/SPOILER]

