Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

I dig this Game (tentative title) development thread
#6
Code:
One block of dirt next to supported stone.

#####▒
▒
What shall happen with the dirt next to the stone - will it fall?

Code:
Three Blocks of dirt next to supported stone - will definitely fall.

#####▒▒▒
▒
Or will only this 'configuration' fall?

Code:
Dirt on stone, further away from actual supporting column.

   ▒▒<
   ▒
#######
▒
And what about this? Will that one block fall or not?

I need to know because that is a crucial point in calculating block stability.

If dirt falls in the first scenario, but not in the third... things will get a little tiny bit more complicated.



Ath the moment, block stability is calculated expecting both the first and the third case to fall.
Take a look at this.
[Image: TDnrC.png]
Orange being dirt, blue is rock/stone and pink is gem. Grey is nothing.
Numbers indicate calculated stability - 3 meaning fully supported, 2 is one field away from a fully supported block and 1 is two fields away - 0 means that a block will fall (if there is a block). A rock block connected to another rock block has a minimum stability of 1 if the other block has a stability greater than zero.
This means, if there was a block directly above the rock with a 3, it would be fully supported - a block next to it would only have a stability level of 2. The rest is as depicted in that image.



Also, no, it does not do anything but drawing some colored rectangles with numbers yet.


Messages In This Thread
RE: [IDEA] I dig this game (tentative title) - by Previous - 10-28-2011, 07:13 AM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 09-26-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 09-27-2012, 04:11 AM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Kami - 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Mag - 11-24-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 11-30-2012, 08:17 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)