09-19-2011, 03:23 AM
(09-18-2011, 06:36 PM)TomGuycott Wrote:(09-18-2011, 11:42 AM)Accelgors Wrote: [spoiler]
I never understood Ghibli's movies anyway
[/spoiler]
It's just lots of subtext (and just plainly spelled out in general too) about how war is bad, really, at least all the ones I've seen. I've never seen Kiki's Delivery Service, for example, which as far as I can tell probably has the LEAST to do with that kind of thing, though that's what I also thought about Castle in the Sky before I saw it and that probably had the MOST to do with that kind of plot.
[Spoiler=Especially so considering the fact that] Castle in the Sky is the ONLY Ghibli movie out of the ones I've seen where the villain was ENTIRELY a villain with no redeemable factors (Like the villain in Spirited Away caring for her baby) or just being filled with shades of gray in general.[/spoiler]
Actually Grave of the Fireflies is the biggest one to do with war (it is set durring WW2 you know!)but that one is too depressing to watch, like don't even bother.

