Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

[animation] I made a movie length sprite based animaton
#2
I watched patiently up until the first textbox appeared.

And then I couldn't really watch it anymore. It was jittery, ill-fitting, and not in any way conducive to actual animation. I was expecting lip movement, or voicing, or the sprites in the background to emote when speaking, but none of that happens; and it makes it unbearable to watch. I definitely couldn't put up with that for an hour and a half.

There's nothing really wrong with using pixelart as an animation medium, but you have to think like an animator. The textbox-based cutscenes of 16-Bit RPGs is not how you tell a story outside of a video game.

Edit: So I skarted skipping around in the video looking at different parts. It doesn't get any better. All your sprite animations are fucking terrible. You have not mastered sprite animation. No way.


Messages In This Thread
RE: [animation] I made a movie length sprite based animaton - by GrooveMan.exe - 05-02-2011, 07:11 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)