02-13-2011, 12:01 PM
(11-13-2010, 09:52 AM)Kosheh Wrote:(10-11-2010, 08:04 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: Has anyone here ever ripped a DSi ware game for sprites? I googled it with no avail. If so....Man, I can't believe you guys have left this question unanswered. :/
How did you do it and can you explain?
or....
If not does anybody know how?
or....
Does anyone know of a tutorial/program that can help me?
this question's gonna delve into kind of a "grey area" on the forums, so the ultrasketchy parts are gonna be spoilered, but keep in mind I'm not condoning it, I'm speaking in the name of research
Well, for DSi hacking to be easiest for the common hacker (read: you and me) "the scene" would have to be a little more...active, if you get what I mean
[spoiler]If that's not clear enough, DSi piracy must exist. Chances are you're asking "Why?!" Well, are you gonna build a flasher device yourself to do it?
Then, continuing on that, tools would have to be made for the DSiWare games, you know, sort of like the DS ROM editing tools that exist for the DS
And quite frankly, unless you're working on a tool to extract DSiWare titles from the DSi's NAND it's not gonna happen[/spoiler]
And it's not. There's no way to obtain DSiWare games for research purposes as of yet, mainly because more or less...Nintendo wins, the DSi is unhackable lol
And chances are if they existed, they would be in a different, non-traditional format that isn't .nds - but don't worry, I'm pretty sure they're in a very similar format that would make them pretty accessible for you and me.
Thanks for finally answering my question. I had stopped checkng after a while because just about everybody ignored it and wen't on answering new questions. In fact I wouldn't have even seen this if I didn't have another question to ask. Well anyways that sucks. That we can't obtain DSi games... for research.
(11-13-2010, 09:52 AM)Kosheh Wrote: psh i totally feel ya though, i wanna rip some shantae know what i'm saying
Amen.
Anyways I had another question. I recently acquired the no$gba emulator, and when in use it give the option to emulate GBA (no backlight), GBA SP backlight, Nintendo DS (in GBA mode), and VGA (poppy bright). So which mode would be prime for ripping?

