Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Running and Walking cycles: are they smooth?
#11
(02-11-2011, 01:04 PM)[fish in space] Wrote: http://www.manningkrull.com/pixel_art/tu...alking.asp

this is a fairly great tutorial on walk cycles, mostly because it doesn't give you a rigid structure but a loose guideline. it still helps a lot.

I've actually used this tutorial before. It uses a comination of "Strait ahead" and "Pose to pose" animation. The problem I find, is it doesn't really cover running. I also looked at:
http://s14.invisionfree.com/Pixel/index....wtopic=169

which tends toward Pose-to-pose, so things end up looking ridgid. I've tried applying both. I think I just need to continue to observe and practice at other run cycles.


Messages In This Thread
RE: A beefy goblin: again with the run cycle - by Bearded_Beast - 02-11-2011, 01:08 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)