Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Features You'd Like to See More in Games
#7
Realistic Landscapes
This is hella superficial but I have yet to see a game to date (sans FFXIV) that has made realistic landscapes. It's one thing to make the graphics realistic, but I am talking about the composition here. Imagine a dense forest in real life, the trees are pretty close together, usually only a few feet between. In most games though, they just plop down a few really fat trees that are insanely tall to the branches can cover the skies and call it a day. I don't think I've ever seen a game not use that method. My second gripe I can't really put into words, but, I will use screen shots from FFXIV instead.

http://www.ffxivblog.com/files/2009/08/f...ivblog.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/m...-580px.jpg

This scenery is just stunning and so lifelike and natural. I have never seen a game pull off this level of realism EVER, and I don't think they ever have. It's usually just flat plains with rocks and trees scattered about, as opposed to the sporadic, worn look that FFXIV has here.


Messages In This Thread
RE: Features You'd Like to See More in Games - by water dog - 05-31-2010, 05:05 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)